Sunday, March 19, 2006

hiatus

After way too long of a hiatus, I'm back. Sorry to the 2 or 3 people who check in from time to time. I am now caught up on all of you. After the long break - you'd think I'd have more to say. Here's the update.
I went home to CA for xmas then stayed for my brother's wedding on new year's eve. Even though that part of CA was completely under water, I managed to get in 1 run. I also tried on my wedding dress only to find out that i need to lose 5 lbs. It's probably 10 by now, though. That winter weight may also account for the fact that before xmas, I was running longer and faster than I am now.
My swimming and biking workouts are going fairly well, but when I do them consistently, I am so tired by the end of the week. I don't know what's going on there - I'm guessing it's some combo of not getting enough iron, sleep, and not quite being used to doing 3 sports as consistently as I've been trying.
Work has also been busy. We just switched supervisors and - maybe i'm the only one who feels this way, but it seems like every 6 months we have to prove ourselves all over again while getting used to their style of supervising. It gets old.
I'm trying to get the wedding stuff down. I still have to finalize the florist. I can't believe I'm having such a hard time with that one. That is the last big thing to get in place, though. Well, that and the honeymoon. Cowboy doesn't fly, so we were originally going to drive down the CA coast. Now, he's thinking about flying - so we may go to hawaii. I tried to get him to consider Mexico or Costa Rica, but he has less of the explorer in him than I do. I think he wants to go to nice resort and relax. That's fine with me. My trip to Belize went pretty far in satisfying my inner explorer, and I'm hoping to plan another trip sometime fairly soon. I'm looking into the Panama Canal or Turkey. Anyway, anyone with pointers on Hawaii - let me know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home